Looking for more game day feasting ideas? We have 18 wing recipes right here:
|Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings|
Everybody loves wings, especially me and this is my favorite recipe for Honey Garlic wings. They are essentially ginger fried chicken wings which get tossed in the homemade honey garlic sauce afterward and served immediately. The sauce is actually more of a glaze and not like the commercial bottled sauces that so many people buy. This results in crispy, sticky, finger lickin' wings that are irresistible. When I served them at a gathering of friends a little while back there was nothing left but a big platter of bones and some hopeful looks that there were more waiting in the kitchen.
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings - Crispy fried wings get tossed in a very easy to make honey garlic sauce just before serving. This method ensures the wings stay super crispy in the sweet sticky, finger licking good glaze.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 3-6 tbsp powdered ginger (to taste)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and garlic. Saute to soften the garlic but do not let it brown.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool thoroughly. Watch this carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and 1 tbsp black pepper.
- Whisk together the eggs and water to make an egg wash.
- Wash the wings, pat dry, trim the tips and cut them into sections.
- Dip the wing pieces into the egg wash and then toss in the flour mixture. Drop the coated wings into a preheated 350 degree F deep fryer, filled with canola, peanut, or soy oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 15-20 min depending on the size of the wing pieces. While still hot out of the oil toss the wing pieces in a large bowl with some of the honey garlic sauce. Serve immediately.