Turkey Dressing and Gravy Panini

Tuesday, March 10, 20098comments

Turkey Dressing and Gravy Panini
Turkey Dressing and Gravy Panini
Click here for many other leftover turkey recipes from baked pasta to tasty soups.

I think I have a new favorite comfort food. This was Spouse's idea of a panini using leftover turkey, traditional savoury stuffing add some wild cranberries or cranberry sauce. Luckily I had some turkey gravy in the freezer from last week to dip the sandwich in. If this was on someone's menu in town, I'd be there twice a week at least!! It was absolutely awesome!

I do lightly butter the outside of the sandwich before putting it in the panini press to make it just that extra little bit crunchy. Good bread is a must for a good panini and here I've used Belgian Loaf from Georgetown bakery yet again; I love it for all my paninis.
Turkey Dressing and Gravy Panini
If you need a good recipe for roasted turkey, try this one:

The recipe for traditional savoury stuffing used in this sandwich can be found here:

A good cranberry sauce recipe if you need it can be found here:

March 10, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Barry this sounds outragously good! Your wife is a genious! Be very nice to her!!

March 14, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Looks just awesome. Have to try this myself.

March 14, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Wow, really delicious. Cheers for sharing.

March 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM

There's a Panini like this on the menu at Pasta Plus!

March 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM

But not on Georgetown Bakery bread I'll bet. That's a deal breaker for me! ;) Do they roast their own turkey? I haven't been there for years.

Cindy
October 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM

OK hate to be a pain, but I am NO cook! I need details! I can easily see how to make the sandwich but do you use any spreads on it or just butter on the outside?
btw think outside the over-pass! What kind of other bread would work good?

October 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Cindy, it really is as uncomplicated as it appears. I do not use any spreads, just butter on the outside. I think any spreads would clash with the gravy it's dipped in. Denser breads are best for paninis. Good homemade bread would be good too. Search this site for bread recipes if you need one.

December 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Tried this for supper...it was awesome....will be making this again