Easy Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Loin

Thursday, January 24, 201315comments

Easy Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Loin
Easy Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Loin
This is a very simple recipe for a beautifully glazed pork loin roast. We had this one last night with some country cranberry stuffing, stir fried vegetables and roasted garlic potatoes. I use this method all the time for baked ham but decided to try it with a pork loin roast and it was succulent and delicious. Well worth trying.
  • whole grain Dijon mustard
    Easy Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Loin
  • brown sugar
  • salt and pepper to season

Trim the fat from the roast, leaving only a quarter inch of fat on top at the most. Season the pork loin with salt and pepper and open roast the pork on a rack in a 425 degree F oven for 1/2 hour.

Easy Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork LoinBrush the entire surface of the roast with a large grain dijon mustard, then press brown sugar into the mustard, all over the roast. Return the roast to the oven, reduce the heat to 375 degrees F. Continue to roast until the internal temperature of the roast hits between 145 to 160 degrees F on a meat thermometer. NOTE: This roast was cooked to 160 degrees which is about right for well done. The US Dept of Agriculture revised the safe cooking temperature of pork loin to 145 degrees a couple of years ago but at that temperature the meat will still be a little pink which is perfectly fine but many people will not prefer it pink.

Baste the roast in the drippings/sauce several times during the cooking time.

Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.

Originally published on  October 28, 2009.

Easy Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Loin
Easy Brown Sugar and Dijon Glazed Pork Loin

October 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Yum! This looks absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try this recipe!

October 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I bought a pork loin last weekend but had NO idea what to do with it. PROBLEM SOLVED. This sounds amazingly easy. Mustard and brown sugar and pork is classic. Can't wait to try this!

November 4, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I AM GOING TO TRY THIS TOMORROW.LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURN OUT.IT LOOK GOOD.

September 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Making this for dinner :)

April 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Dinner tonight thanks to you and pinterest!

Kim
August 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I am making this now- I think I will cook until internal temp is 145 then let it rest to 150 or so. 175 is a bit high!

December 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I made this last night for our early first christmas dinner , and wow! This was so moist and just the right amount of sweet and tangy. Was a huge hit with my family, that thete were only 4pieces left :).

January 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM

This was the most amazing roast I have ever tried....I specifically used Grey Poupon Country Dijon mustard. I changed it up a little bit...basted at the end quite a bit and then broiled for about 6 minutes. When I broiled it, it looked just like the pic and was amazing juicy. I think the broiling at the end really made it amazing!!!

January 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM

This looks quite tasty! Love the sweet outer crust =)

February 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I made this for dinner tonight only I used pork tenderloin and my entire family said it was amazing! I did place it under the broiler for about 4-5 min. Super easy and super succulent! Thanks for sharing

July 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I made this recipe last night for a dinner party - it was TO DIE FOR. Everyone raved about how tasty & tender the roast was. I definity make it again (and again and again). Thank you Rock Recipies.

March 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM

This was absolutely delicious. I cut up some sweet potatoes and placed them around the pork loin at the beginning. Some of the brown sugar oozed on the sweet potatoes...oh my, tasty!!! Thank you!

March 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Thant is a great idea Bobbi!

March 31, 2014 at 2:00 PM

How long does it cook for? I dont have a thermometer

March 31, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I recommend you do purchase a meat thermometer. They are very useful. In the meantime Pork loin should roast for 20-25 minutes per pound. Be sure to let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.