|Almond Sand Dollar Sugar Cookies|
My daughter Olivia is hoggin' the blog again this morning with yet another version of her favorite chewy sugar cookies. We have previously featured the original version as well as a version that proved to be one of the most popular recipes ever on this blog, Coconut Lime Chewy Sugar Cookies. Today, she simply added a little almond extract and some toasted almonds to make a delicious little treat that my mother would call, 'a lovely cuppa tea cookie'. When she took them out of the oven, they reminded me of sand dollar shells that you would find on a stroll along a sandy beach.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract (depending on how almond-y you want them to be)
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon peel.