|Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake Bars|
Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
Cherry Vanilla Cheesecake Bars - a very festive and easy cheesecake cookie bar recipe.
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: About 1 hour
Yield: 24 cookie bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup glace cherries, cut in quarters
- In a food processor pulse together the flour, brown sugar and butter until crumbly (or simply cut the butter through the flour and sugar with a pastry knife or two butter knives held between your fingers)
- Save a 1/2 cup of this crumble mixture to sprinkle over the top later.
- Press the rest of the crumble mixture into the bottom of a greased or parchment lined 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Beat together the cream cheese, white sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the egg.
- Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly onto the pre-baked cookie base and sprinkle the reserved cookie crumble over the surface.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving.
- Refrigerate in airtight containers. Freezes well too.