For over 160 tried and tested cookie recipes visit our
|Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies|
Fast forward two months and here are those delicious chocolate mint chip cookies looking and tasting no worse for wear despite their early winter hibernation. There are two lessons I learned from these cookies; first, a reminder that you can always have cookie dough on hand to bake off whenever you need and the second is to clean the freezer out more often!
Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies - makes soft, chewy, chocolatey cookies with great mint taste too. This cookie dough freezes very well for baking off even months later.
Cook time: 12-14 minutes
Yield: About 24 cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups mint chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugar well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
- Sift together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Mix well until a dough forms.
- Fold in the mint chocolate chips.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Dough should be cold when it goes in the oven.
- Roll the dough into about 1 inch balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the balls slightly and bake at 375 degrees F for about 9 or10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for several minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- These cookies freeze well when baked or you can freeze the dough for several weeks and bake them off later as needed to enjoy fresh baked cookies any time.