|Sweet Mustard and Bacon Potato Salad|
- 3 pounds washed, unpeeled red potatoes, diced large
Simmer the diced potatoes slowly in boiling salted water just until fork tender. Do not overcook the potatoes or they will fall apart in the salad.
Drain the potatoes and scatter them on cookie sheet to cool quickly. I usually put the cookie sheet in the fridge for a half hour or so to cool off completely.
- 1/2 cup jarred salad dressing
- 1/4 cup plain yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 small red pepper, diced small
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 3 tbsp chopped capers
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 8 slices smoked bacon, cooked crisp and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch salt
Pour the dressing over the cold potatoes and toss well. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.