|Creamy Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti|
Grilled Cajun Shrimp
- 2 or 3 dozen large shrimp
- kosher salt to season
- Cajun spice blend
Season the shrimp with the salt and then roll them in the Cajun spice. You can use a prepared spice mix or try our recipe for The Best Cajun Spice Rub
Lightly grill the shrimp for only about a couple of minutes per side. Set aside to add to the sauce when it is ready.
- 3 - 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup low fat yogurt (or 1/3 cup whipping cream)
Place a coffee filter in a colander or mesh strainer. Add the yogurt and allow to stand in the fridge over a bowl to drain for an hour or two.
Saute the garlic in olive oil for only a minute before adding the anchovies and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the capers, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and about 1 tbsp of the Cajun Spice Mix and cook until the sauce begins to thicken to a jam-like consistency. Add the basil in the last minute or so of cooking along with the grilled Cajun shrimp and strained yogurt (or whipping cream). Simmer for just a minute or two before serving.